- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Chicago 2014
Nacional 27 Review
Named after the 27 nations south of the U.S. border, this pan-Latin restaurant serves a smattering of cross-cultural dishes from the Caribbean, Costa Rica, Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina. The menu is designed for sharing, with tapas like tostones (crispy plantains) and roasted corn fundido alongside seviches, tacos, and empanadas. It's best to come with a group if you want to order the slow-cooked pork Cubano with coconut rice, black beans, and plantains. The circular bar has its own following, independent of the food, if you're looking for innovative cocktails, and after 11 pm on weekends, the floor in the middle of the dining room is cleared for salsa and merengue dancing.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've done a very brief summary of my time in Washingto Read more
Romantic and fun 40th birthday trip to Chicago with my husband! Read more
Thanks to American changing an awards ticket itinerary and giving us a 6:00am starting flight, now have an 8 hour layover at O'Hare prior to transatlantic connection.
Using a mindset that bags will be Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
Tucked into the tony Gold Coast neighborhood, the 247-room Thompson Chicago opened its doors in early... Read more
Winters can be brutal in the Windy City.... Read more