- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bars with Views
Vertigo is a small price to pay for these stellar views.
Castaways. Castaways puts you so close to Lake Michigan, you might consider wearing a swimsuit. Perched atop the North Avenue Beach Boathouse, the breezy, casual bar and grill creates the perfect setup for lazy, summertime sipping. 1603 N. Lake Shore Dr., River North, Chicago, IL, 60614. 773/281–1200. www.castawayschicago.com.
Signature Lounge. The Signature Lounge has no competition when it comes to views. Perched on the 96th floor of the John Hancock Center—above even the tower's observation deck—the bar offers stunning vistas of the skyline and lake for only the cost of a pricey drink. The ladies' room has an incredible south-facing view through floor-to-ceiling windows. 875 N. Michigan Ave., Near North, Chicago, IL, 60611. 312/787–9596. www.signatureroom.com/Signature-Lounge/.
Vertigo Sky Lounge. Trendsetters hit the scene on the 26th floor of the Dana Hotel and Spa for cocktails with penthouse views or gravitate toward the fire pit on the patio. In winter, chill at the outdoor ice bar. 2 W. Erie St., Near North, Chicago, IL, 60654. 312/202–6060. www.danahotelandspa.com/vertigo-lounge.aspx.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe