There is daily ferry service between Lahaina, Maui, and Manele Bay, Lanai, with Expeditions Lanai Ferry. The 9-mile crossing costs $60 round-trip, per person, and takes 45 minutes or so, depending on ocean conditions (which can make this trip a rough one). Molokai Ferry offers twice-daily ferry service between Lahaina, Maui, and Kaunakakai, Molokai. Travel time is about 90 minutes each way and the one-way fare is $63.60 per person; a book of six one-way tickets costs $294.15. Reservations are recommended for both ferries.
Expeditions Lanai Ferry (808/214–1467 or 800/695–2624. www.go-lanai.com.)
Molokai Ferry (877/307–6524. www.molokaiferry.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's