- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
City of Naples Beach
City of Naples Beach Review
There's something here for everyone just west of the Third Street South shopping area, but what gets the most attention by far is the historic pier that extends deep into the gulf and has the best free dolphin-viewing seats around. Sunsets are a nightly ritual, and dodging anglers' poles is par for the course. The concession stand sells food for humans as well as for fishy friends, and on the sand below, teenagers hold court at the volleyball nets and families picnic on blankets, while a handful of people can always be seen swooping up cockles, fighting conchs, and coquinas. For a charming landscape away from the commotion, head south on Gulf Shore Boulevard and take your pick of the public access points. They may not have the amenities of the pier—or amenities, period—but the solitude can't be beat. Amenities: showers; toilets; parking (fee); food and drink. Best for: sunsets; swimming.
- Address: 12th Ave. S at Gulf Shore Blvd., Naples, FL 34102
- Phone: 239/213–3062
- Cost: Parking 25¢ per 10 min.
- Hours: Daily 7–sunset
- Location: Naples
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I just got home last night. Read more
*What Do You Mean Forgotten?*
As a boy learning about US history, what seemed to be described as "earliest" European settlement in the US included the Pilgrims arriving in Plymouth Rock, with a certai Read more
I am taking a three day trip starting on March 9 to visit my brother who lives in Altamonte Springs. Read more