- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dancing Dolphin Spirit Charters. Victoria Impallomeni, a wilderness guide and environmental marine science expert, invites up to six nature lovers—especially children—aboard the Imp II, a 25-foot Aquasport, for four-hour ($500) and seven-hour ($700) ecotours that frequently include encounters with wild dolphins. While island-hopping, you visit underwater gardens, natural shoreline, and mangrove habitats. For her Dolphin Day for Humans tour, Impallomeni pulls you through the water, equipped with mask and snorkel, on a specially designed "dolphin water massage board" that simulates dolphin swimming motions. Sometimes dolphins follow the boat and swim among participants. All equipment is supplied. MM 5 OS, Murray's Marina, 5710 Overseas Hwy., Key West, FL, 33040. 305/304-7562 or 888/822-7366. www.captainvictoria.com.
Sunset Culinaire Tours. This tour operator serves a full menu of gourmet meals with fine wine and beer aboard a sleek cruising yacht every evening at sunset. The cost is $85 per person; you must have a group of six or more. 5555 College Rd., Key West, FL, 33040. 305/296-0982. www.sunsetculinaire.com.
White Knuckle Thrill Boat Ride. For something with an adrenaline boost, book with this specially designed jet boat. It holds up to 10 people and does amazing maneuvers like 360s, fishtails, and other water stunts. The cost is $59 per person, and includes pickup shuttle. Another unique experience is their Sea Spi Eco Tour. These individual glass bottom boats are electric powered so they glide quietly, giving you a peek below the sea without getting in the water. Tours are 90 min for $69 plus tax. Sunset Marina, 555 College Rd., Key West, FL, 33040. 305/797-0459. www.whiteknucklethrillboatride.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $149 -- FL Keys Beach Resort & Marina w/Parking, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $499 & up -- Last Minute: 4-Night Bahamas & Key West Cruise Royal Caribbean