- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating: Shark Valley
Many Everglades-area tours operate only in season, roughly November through April.
Buffalo Tiger's Airboat Tours. A former chief of Florida's Miccosukee tribe heads up this Shark Valley area tour operation, although at 90-plus years, the chief no longer skippers the boat. Savvy guides narrate the trip to an old Indian camp on the north side of Tamiami Trail from the American Indian perspective. Don't worry about airboat noise, since engines are shut down during informative talks. The 45-minute tours go 10–5 Saturday through Thursday at $27.50 per person. Look online for discount coupons. Reservations are not required, and credit cards are now accepted at this once cash-only outpost. 29708 S.W. 8th St., 5 mi east of Shark Valley, 25 mi west of Florida's Turnpike, Miami, FL, 33194. 305/559–5250. www.buffalotigersairboattours.com..
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's