Fodor's South Florida 2014
Pacific Point Preserve
Pacific Point Preserve Review
A nonstop chorus of "aarrrps" and "yawps" coming from behind Sea Lion & Otter Stadium leads you to the 2½-acre home of California sea lions and harbor and fur seals. This naturalistic expanse of beaches, waves, and huge outcroppings of upturned rock, designed to replicate the northern Pacific coast, has a calming effect. The area is roughly circular. Stroll around the edge of the surf zone, a favorite hangout for fun-loving pinnipeds, who swim up close for a share of the smelt you've just bought ($5) or flop over on their sides and laze in the Florida sun. On the far side of the complex you can walk down into a grotto where a large Plexiglas wall allows you to see them darting and diving and playing underwater. Priceless. For people with disabilities: This attraction is completely accessible to guests using wheelchairs. Come anytime. It shouldn't be too hard to find a place away from the crowds.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
And economical. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more