Orlando Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Most Orlando locals look at the theme parks like an unruly neighbor: it's big and loud, but it keeps a nice lawn. Central Florida's many theme parks can become overpowering for even the most enthusiastic visitor, and that's when an excursion into the "other" Orlando—the one the locals know and love—is in order.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Orlando restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Orlando
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $65-$89 -- Orlando Hotel by Disney w/Shuttle & Kids Eat Free BookIt.com
- $119-$149 -- Orlando: Condo near Disney w/Private Hot Tub BookIt.com
- $10 per day & up -- Car Rentals in Florida, up to 10% Off Sixt Rent a Car
- $144-$175 -- Orlando 4-Diamond Resort near Disney, 45% Off — $144-$175 Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
- $19.99 & up -- Rent a Chevrolet Cruze in Orlando — $20 Sixt Rent a Car
Liberal Arts. Orlando's theaters host symphony orchestras, Broadway road shows, and local thespians—from the Shakespearean to the progressive... Read more
When all you want is a quick bite, consider these chain restaurants. They seem to crop up everywhere, and all have tables where you can sit for... Read more
Whether you're wondering where to get a gourmet meal in the park or are worried about your nervous kid... Read more
Whether you're worried about traveling with little ones and grandparents or are having trouble choosing... Read more
It's a big park and there are lots of ways you can mess up your big Disney vacation.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now88° F Scattered Clouds 61% Humidity June 19, 2013 at 11:53AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
During the planning of our six week road trip I spent many happy hours back in the UK plundering ideas from this forum. Read more
We (me, hub and 7 year old son) spent a week in the Florida Keys mid-March month and loved it! Read more