- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Almont. Located where the East and Taylor rivers join to form the Gunnison River, this tiny angler-oriented hamlet is one of Colorado's top fly-fishing centers. It's also one of the most crowded. Local fishing outfitters rent equipment, teach fly-fishing, and lead guided wading or float trips to both public and private waters. Almont, CO.
Tours and Outfitters
Almont Anglers. This outfitter and guide has a solid fly and tackle shop with an enormous selection. There are clinics for beginners as well as guided wading and float-fishing excursions on the East, Taylor, and Gunnison rivers. 10209 Hwy. 135, Almont, CO, 81210. 970/641–7404. www.almontanglers.com.
Dragonfly Anglers. Crested Butte's oldest year-round guide service and fly-fishing outfitter, Dragonfly Anglers offers guided half-day, full-day, and multiday trips to choice fly-fishing spots, including the famed Gunnison Gorge in the Black Canyon. The shop concentrates on high-end rods and has a solid selection of reels, flies, and outdoor gear. 307 Elk Ave., Crested Butte, CO, 81224. 970/349–1228 or 800/491–3079. www.dragonflyanglers.com.
Willowfly Anglers. Sharing space with Three Rivers Resort and Outfitting, Willowfly Anglers offers half- and full-day trips for all skill levels and has a full-service fly shop. 130 County Rd. 742, Almont, CO, 81224. 970/641–1303 or 888/761–3474. www.willowflyanglers.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's