- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Monarch Mountain. A small ski resort that tops out on the Continental Divide, Monarch Mountain has five chairlifts, 53 trails, 800 acres, and a 1,162-foot vertical drop. It's a family-friendly place with moderate pricing—one-day lift tickets cost $65. The resort also offers snowcat skiing on steep runs off the Divide, plus the 130 acres of extreme terrain in Mirkwood Basin. 22720 U.S. 50, 18 miles west of Salida, Salida, CO, 81227. 719/530–5000 or 888/996–7669. www.skimonarch.com. Mid-Nov.–mid-Apr., daily 9–4.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's