- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Broadmoor Golf Club. The three courses here offer distinctly diverse challenges, in part because they travel over a variety of terrain on the resort's 3,000 acres in the Rocky Mountain foothills. Donald Ross designed the original resort course in 1918, but today the East Course is a mix including nine of the original holes and nine more designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. in 1965. The West Course is also a combination of holes designed by each golf-course architect, but it's at a higher elevation (6,800 feet above sea level), and has more-vicious doglegs, rolling fairways, and multilevel greens. The Mountain Course has some wide forgiving fairways and large greens, but there are major elevation changes that add special challenges while providing outstanding mountain views. The Broadmoor, 1 Lake Circle, Colorado Springs, CO, 80906. 719/577–5790. www.broadmoor.com. Reservations essential. East Course: 18 holes. 7310 yds. Par 72. Mountain Course: 18 holes. 7,637 yds. Par 72. West Course: 18 holes. 7,016 yds. Par 72. Green Fee: $100–$235. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, golf carts, rental clubs, lessons, restaurant, bar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's