- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The scenery and wildlife-viewing opportunities at Grand County's four golf courses make good excuses for being distracted during a critical putt or drive. You can expect secluded greens, expansive vistas, and an occasional interruption from deer, foxes, elk, or even a moose.
Grand Elk Ranch & Club. Designed by PGA great Craig Stadler, the challenging mountain course is reminiscent of traditional heathland greens in Britain. 1300 Tenmile Dr., Granby, CO, 80446. 970/887–9122 or 877/389–9333. www.grandelk.com. Reservations essential. 18 holes. 7144 yds. Par 71. Green fee: $95. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, golf carts, rental clubs, lessons, restaurant, bar.
Headwaters Golf Course at Granby Ranch. Tucked back in a valley at the end of a gravel road, entirely within the mountains and meadows, this club has roomy practice facilities as well as a large deck at the clubhouse. 2579 County Rd. 894, Granby, CO, 80446. Drive 2 miles south on U.S. 40 from Granby to the Inn at Silver Creek. Turn left and drive past the lodge to the gravel road marked by the sign. Follow the road about 3 miles into the valley. 970/887–2709 or 888/850–4615. www.granbyranch.com. Reservations essential. 18 holes. 7,206 yds. Par 72. Green fee: $90. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, golf carts, rental clubs, lessons, restaurant, bar.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe