- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The scenery and wildlife-viewing opportunities at Grand County's four golf courses make good excuses for being distracted during a critical putt or drive. You can expect secluded greens, expansive vistas, and an occasional interruption from deer, foxes, elk, or even a moose.
Grand Elk Ranch & Club. Designed by PGA great Craig Stadler, the challenging course is reminiscent of traditional heathland greens in Britain. 1300 Tenmile Dr., Granby, CO, 80446. 970/887-9122 or 877/389-9333. www.grandelk.com. Reservations essential. 18 holes. Yards: 7,144/5,095. Par: 71/71. Green fee: $75/$95.
Headwaters Golf Course at Granby Ranch. Tucked back in a valley at the end of a gravel road, entirely within the mountains and meadows, this club has roomy practice facilities as well as a large deck at the clubhouse. 2579 County Rd. 894, Granby, CO, 80446. Drive 2 mi south on U.S. 40 from Granby to the Inn at Silver Creek. Turn left and drive past the lodge to the gravel road marked by the sign. Follow the road about 3 mi into the valley. 970/887-2709 or 888/850-4615. www.granbyranch.com. Reservations essential. 18 holes. Yards: 7,206/5,095. Par: 72/72. Green fee: $75-$90.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $124.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Boulder Hotwire
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn in Jun: $447 & Up Save with Expedia, $251/night less
- Jun deal: Courtyard by Marriott Boulder Fr $247+/Nt — $247 Save with Expedia, $17/night less