- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Ahwahnee Hotel Review
Gilbert Stanley Underwood, architect of the Grand Canyon Lodge, also designed the Ahwahnee. Opened in 1927, it is generally considered his best work. You can stay here (for about $500 a night), or simply explore the first-floor shops and perhaps have breakfast or lunch in the bustling and beautiful Dining Room. The Great Lounge, 77 feet long with magnificent 24-foot-high ceilings and all manner of Indian artwork on display, beckons with big, comfortable chairs and relative calm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
I will be heading to Laguna Beach next week for a last minute girls trip. Read more
· News & Features
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors.... Read more
Hiking the stunning, scenic trails of Wyoming backcountry (Jackson Hole, Yellowstone) would be much more... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more