- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Pescadero State Beach
Pescadero State Beach Review
If a quarantine is not in effect (watch for signs), from November through April you can look for mussels amid tidal pools and rocky outcroppings at Pescadero State Beach, then roast them in the barbecue pits. Any time of year is good for exploring the beach, the north side of which has several secluded spots along sandstone cliffs. Across U.S. 101, the Pescadero Marsh Natural Preserve has hiking trails that cover 600 acres of marshland and is the site of a large and active blue-heron rookery. Early spring and fall are the best times to come, when there are lots of migrating birds and other wildlife to see. Amenities: parking (fee); toilets. Best for: solitude; sunset; walking.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more