- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Huntington Hotel
At a Glance
- City icon
- personal service
- spacious rooms
- an aura of old San Francisco
- primo spa with city views
- cable car passes by right out front
- Up a steep hill from downtown
Check Rates from our Partners
The Huntington Hotel Review
Stars from Bogart and Bacall to Picasso and Pavarotti have stayed in this venerable ivy-covered hotel famed for its gracious personal service and spacious rooms and suites, most of which have great views of Grace Cathedral, the bay, or the city skyline. Half have wet bars, and all have antique desks, customized furniture in rich textures, and luxurious bathrooms. The elegant Nob Hill Spa complex offers an array of services that can be enjoyed while taking in panoramic city views. Healthy spa cuisine and Champagne are served by white-jacketed waiters around an indoor pool with a fireplace lounge–or, to really chill out, guests can retreat to the Zen room to relax on chaises longues snuggled beneath the softest blankets and fuzziest pillows in town. The Big 4 Restaurant serves contemporary American cuisine, and boasts a clubby decor of green-leather booths and a collection of San Francisco and Western memorabilia.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more