- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Northern California 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- family-friendly studios
- great views
- fanciful spa
- luxurious amenities throughout
- some rooms can feel cramped or be noisy
- some guests report inconsistent service from staff
- rates are expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Vitale Review
"Luxury, naturally," the theme of this eight-story terraced bay-front hotel, is apparent in every thoughtful detail: little vases of aromatic herbs mounted outside each room; the penthouse day spa with soaking tubs set in a rooftop bamboo forest; and the aromatherapy garden off the patio of the restaurant Americano, whose outdoor terrace is packed with hip jet-setters. Handsome rooms have 440-thread-count sheets, twice-daily maid service, limestone-lined baths, and views of the Bay Bridge, Embarcadero, Treasure Island, or the city skyline. Fodorites say they love being across the street from the Ferry Building. Wi-Fi and LCD flat-screen TVs keep businesspeople in the loop, and spacious family studios have two sofa beds curtained off from the main sleeping area. As one Fodorite puts it, the hotel is "modern and sleek but very comfortable and inviting."
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Book a night at one of these stylish, independently owned boutique hotels, located near major airports, ... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
With the cornucopia of cultural and tourism options in San Francisco, a fall weekend will fly by faste... Read more