- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Batiquitos Lagoon Review
Development has destroyed many of the lagoons and saltwater marsh wildlife habitats that used to punctuate the North County coastline, but the 610-acre lagoon has been restored to support fish and bird populations. A stroll along the 2-mi trail from the Batiquitos Lagoon Foundation Nature Center along the north shore of the lagoon reveals nesting sites of the red-winged blackbird; lagoon birds such as the great blue heron, the great egret, and the snowy egret; and life in the mud flats. This is a quiet spot for contemplation or a picnic. Free docent tours are offered on weekends. Take the Poinsettia Lane exit off I–5, go east, and turn right onto Batiquitos Drive, then right again onto Gabbiano Lane.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
I'm going to be in Cleveland, OH for the Gay Games in August 2014 (gg9cle.com) and then making my way back to Sydney via the West Coast of the USA.
I'm an ardent yachtie (I'll be sailing in the Gay Games) Read more
· News & Features
You're familiar with California's wine country, sure, but have you experienced beer country?... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Dining on garden-fresh veggies and the catch of the day is nothing new in San Diego.... Read more