- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Arizona & the Grand Canyon 2014
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
At a Glance
- adjacent to the Phoenix Mountain Preserve, making it an ideal base for hiking and biking trips
- affordable alternative to luxury resorts nearby
- finding a parking spot can be a challenge
- rooms near lobby are noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort Review
The highlight of this family-oriented Hilton is the 9-acre recreation area Hole-in-the-Wall River Ranch; it has swimming pools with waterfalls, a 130-foot waterslide, and a 1,000-foot "river" that winds past a miniature golf course, tennis courts, and artificial buttes. Accommodations in the stucco buildings vary from standard two-room suites to a grand three-bedroom house; all have balconies. It is also adjacent to the very busy AZ 51, though it manages to filter out most freeway noise. Kids can enjoy the "Coyote Camp" youth programs while adults take in area golf and the Tocasierra Spa.
Traveling families escape the Phoenix heat at the Hilton's "Hole-in-the-Wall River Ranch," a massive water park that includes waterfalls, a 130-foot waterslide, and a 1,000-foot "river" that winds around the property. Elsewhere on the 9-acre recreation area are minigolf courts and tennis, and hiking and biking trips are right next door at the Phoenix Mountain Preserve.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In April 2013, my husband and I did a Utah and Arizona Grand Circle tour-covering the Grand Canyon, the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Natural Bridges National Monument, The Needles and the Island Read more
My husband and I recently joined my sister and her husband for a wonderful overnight hike in the Grand Canyon. Read more
We have a road trip planned and would welcome any opinions or suggestions.
Day one arrive Phoenix stay first night in fountain hills
Day two Winslow Posada hotel
Day Three Chinle stay Holiday Inn drive Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more