- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Colorado River Discovery. Colorado River Discovery offers waterborne tours, including a 5½-hour guided rafting excursion down a calm portion of the Colorado River on comfortable, motorized pontoon boats ($83). The scenery—multicolor-sandstone cliffs adorned with Native American petroglyphs—is spectacular. The trips are offered twice daily from May through September, and once a day in March, April, October, and November. The company also offers full-day rowing trips along the river, using smaller boats maneuvered by well-trained guides ($155). These trips—offered Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday—are quieter and more low-key, and provide a more intimate brush with this magnificent body of water. The above prices exclude a $6 per person river-use fee. And there's also a combination tour that includes rafting on the Colorado in the morning and kayaking on Lake Powell in the afternoon ($194), and a rafting tour through a slot canyon ($181). 130 6th Ave., Page, AZ, 86040. 888/522–6644. www.raftthecanyon.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's