- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Black Canyon Trail. This trail is a bit of a slog, rising more than 2,200 feet in 6 miles, but the reward is grand views from the gray cliffs of Verde Valley to the red buttes of Sedona to the blue range of the San Francisco Peaks. AZ 260, 4 miles south of Cottonwood, west on FR 359 4.5 miles, Camp Verde, AZ, 86326.
Prescott National Forest. The Verde Ranger District office of the Prescott National Forest is a good resource for places to hike, fish, and boat along the Verde River. 300 E. AZ 260, Camp Verde, AZ, 86322. 928/567–4121. www.fs.usda.gov/prescott.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's