- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests. Trail maps are available from the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests. Springerville Ranger District, 165 S. Mountain Ave., Springerville, AZ, 85938. 928/333–6200. www.fs.usda.gov/asnf.
Pole Knoll Trail System. Cross-country skiers find Greer an ideally situated hub for some of the mountain's best trails. About 2.5 miles west of AZ 373 on AZ 260, a trailhead marks the starting point for the Pole Knoll Trail System, nearly 30 miles of well-marked, groomed cross-country trails interlacing through the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests and color-coded by experience level. Springerville Ranger District, Greer, AZ. 928/333-4372. www.fs.usda.gov/asnf.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's