- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
At a Glance
- elegant, historic property
- rental cars on-site
- small showers
- small rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Halsingland Review
Seward's commanding officers once lived in the big white Victorian building that today houses this gracious hotel. On the National Register of Historic Places, the hotel has original claw-foot bathtubs and nonworking fireplaces decorated with Belgian tiles. Rooms are charming and nicely maintained, but not large, and some visitors find them a bit musty. A few inexpensive ones share a hall bath. The Commander's Room Restaurant is one of the finest in the area, with a menu that includes locally caught halibut and salmon, steaks, and delicious desserts. Rental cars are available on-site, and a courtesy van to the ferry is available.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
anybody out there who knows both tours?
We are not sure, if a tour from Seward is nicer/better/more intense/with more glaciers to see than tours wich start from Whittier.
The Seward-tours travel to Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more