Totem Inn Review
Travelers from the George Parks Highway, Healy, and Denali come here not so much for the lodging (which is modest at best) as for standard American food at reasonable prices. Steaks, sandwiches, and homemade pizzas are served year-round, while breakfast is served all day. An attached pub and game room allow for swapping stories with the locals, and the free Wi-Fi and Kinect games will help you catch up with the world, or ignore it. Take advantage of the fitness center if you're not getting enough exercise on Denali's trails or a sauna if you are. And, of course, this is the only place around where you can try to ride "The Griz"—a mechanical bull shaped like a grizzly bear. The kitchen is open daily, year-round, 7 am-10 pm.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $599 & up -- Balcony: 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian American Express Travel
- $279 & up -- 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise on Princess from Vancouver — $279 American Express Travel
- $299 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Holland America — $299 American Express Travel
We have done a fair amount of traveling (often with help from these forums) and so people are always asking us where we are going next. Read more
My husband and I really wanted to get to Alaska this year, but due to scheduling conflicts the only time-frame we could make it work was the last weekend of September through the first week of October. Read more
I had a chance to spent some time on a cruise ship traveling around North America,
so wanted to share some pictures from the trip; hope you will enjoy it!
http://www.allphotobangkok.com/index.php/around-north-america-cruise-ship-travel/ Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more