- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you need a taxi, call one of the cab companies for a pickup; it's not common to hail one. Prices are $2 to $3 for a pickup, plus an additional $2.50 for each mile. Allow 20 minutes for arrival of the cab during morning and evening rush hours. Alaska Yellow Cab has taxis with wheelchair lifts. In the snow-free months a network of paved trails provide good avenues for in-city travel for bicyclists and walkers.
Alaska Yellow Cab (907/222–2222. www.akyellowcab.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's