- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Le Canard Huppé
At a Glance
- inventive cuisine
- many sights and areas of interest very nearby
- good for cyclists
- no pool
Check Rates from our Partners
Le Canard Huppé Review
While the food here is among the best the island has to offer, and is the property's main attraction, the inn itself shouldn't be overlooked, featuring large, unique, and comfortable rooms in a beautiful location between the St. Lawrence River and the island's lush, verdant fields. As the inn's name—the Crested Duck—suggests, its contemporary menu ($$$–$$$$) usually includes at least one dish with duck, perhaps the rendition with clover honey, fresh thyme, and wild garlic. Owner/chef Philip Rae uses locally raised meat, fish, and fowl. Upstairs, each of the inn's rooms has unusual antiques and original paintings.
- Address: 2198 chemin Royal, St-Laurent, QC G0A 3Z0 | Map It
- Phone: 418/828–2292; 800/838–2292
- Website: www.canard-huppe.com
- Location: St-Laurent de l'Île d'Orléans
- 9 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Restaurant by reservation only Nov.–May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
I live outside NYC and want to see Montreal. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more