Le Canard Huppé
At a Glance
- inventive cuisine
- many sights and areas of interest very nearby
- good for cyclists
- no pool
Check Rates from our Partners
Le Canard Huppé Review
While the food here is among the best the island has to offer, and is the property's main attraction, the inn itself shouldn't be overlooked, featuring large, unique, and comfortable rooms in a beautiful location between the St. Lawrence River and the island's lush, verdant fields. As the inn's name—the Crested Duck—suggests, its contemporary menu ($$$–$$$$) usually includes at least one dish with duck, perhaps the rendition with clover honey, fresh thyme, and wild garlic. Owner/chef Philip Rae uses locally raised meat, fish, and fowl. Upstairs, each of the inn's rooms has unusual antiques and original paintings.
- Address: 2198 chemin Royal, St-Laurent, QC, G0A 3Z0 | Map It
- Phone: 418/828–2292; 800/838–2292
- Website: www.canard-huppe.com
- Location: St-Laurent de l'Île d'Orléans
- 9 rooms, 1 suite
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Restaurant by reservation only Nov.–May.
View deals in Side Trips from Quebec City for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More