- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fairmont Le Reine Elizabeth
At a Glance
- chic gym open 24 hours
- easy access to trains, the métro, and the Underground City
- baronial restaurant with pastries and chocolates made on-site
- lobby is expansive but drab and as busy as a train station
- conventioneers abound
Check Rates from our Partners
Fairmont Le Reine Elizabeth Review
Built to impress international guests during Expo 67, The Queen E was the iconic setting for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's second "bed-in for peace" protest of 1969, but it's hardly stuck in the past—answering as it does the trend for locavore food with a rooftop garden and beehives for heirloom vegetables and honey. Rooms are spacious, with lush carpeting and richly textured fabrics, but they lack pizzazz. Bathrooms are stocked with biodegradable toiletries by Le Labo, while the walls display work by local artists. The Gold floors (18 and 19) attract celebs like Anne Hathaway and Steve Carell because of their private elevator, separate check-in, concierge services, and the stunning views of a domed church. Health nuts love the Fairmont Fit program, a partnership with Reebox and BMW, who supply gym gear and bikes. The restaurant menus reflect the Fit program's goal, serving sustainable fish and healthy food.
- Address: 900 boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, Downtown, Montréal, QC H3B 4A5 | Map It
- Phone: 514/861–3511; 800/441–1414
- Website: www.fairmont.com
- Metro Bonaventure.
- Location: Downtown, Golden Square Mile, and Chinatown
- 937 rooms, 100 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
My husband and I are not looking forward to an exhausting holiday season with what looks to be only work on the horizon. Nevertheless, we are making it a mission to get away, if even fo Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more