- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Fairmont Le Reine Elizabeth
At a Glance
- chic gym open 24 hours
- easy access to trains, the métro, and the Underground City
- baronial restaurant with pastries and chocolates made on-site
- lobby is expansive but drab and as busy as a train station
- conventioneers abound
Check Rates from our Partners
Fairmont Le Reine Elizabeth Review
Built to impress international guests during Expo 67, The Queen E was the iconic setting for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's second "bed-in for peace" protest of 1969, but it's hardly stuck in the past—answering as it does the trend for locavore food with a rooftop garden and beehives for heirloom vegetables and honey. Rooms are spacious, with lush carpeting and richly textured fabrics, but they lack pizzazz. Bathrooms are stocked with biodegradable toiletries by Le Labo, while the walls display work by local artists. The Gold floors (18 and 19) attract celebs like Anne Hathaway and Steve Carell because of their private elevator, separate check-in, concierge services, and the stunning views of a domed church. Health nuts love the Fairmont Fit program, a partnership with Reebox and BMW, who supply gym gear and bikes. The restaurant menus reflect the Fit program's goal, serving sustainable fish and healthy food.
- Address: 900 boul. René-Lévesque Ouest, Downtown, Montréal, QC H3B 4A5 | Map It
- Phone: 514/861–3511; 800/441–1414
- Website: www.fairmont.com
- Metro Bonaventure.
- Location: Downtown and the Golden Square Mile
- 937 rooms, 100 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I would like to know if anyone recently traveled Lufthansa and have passed through. Read more
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
I live outside NYC and want to see Montreal. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more