- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Auberge du Vieux-Port
At a Glance
- warm staff
- expansive rooftop deck with retractable cover
- multijet showers
- occasional bouts of noise in street-facing rooms
- smallest rooms can feel claustrophobic
- glass showers afford no privacy
Check Rates from our Partners
Auberge du Vieux-Port Review
With stone and brick walls, casement windows, wood floors, and exposed beams, this elegant auberge is a magnet for romantics who appreciate the view of the river and a welcoming staff. The recently remodeled rooftop deck and expanded street terrace along rue St-Paul both help this hotel stand apart. Taverne Gaspar A full breakfast is served to guests in the hotel restaurant, Taverne Gaspar, which overlooks the river on the first floor. In the evening locals come for the comfort food (try the mac and cheese) and the people watching.
- Address: 97 rue de la Commune Est, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC H2Y 1J1 | Map It
- Phone: 514/876–0081; 888/660–7678
- Website: www.aubergeduvieuxport.com
- Metro Place-d'Armes or Champ-de-Mars.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 45 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
his is quite long - but I wanted to give as much detail as possible in hopes of being as helpful as you all were in the planning!! It's also way overdue. The trip was in June 2013 (admits embarrassingly). Read more
We just got back from another long weekend in the Eastern Townships area of southern Quebec, a paradise for road bikers and wine lovers (we are both). Read more
We are going to Quebec city this holiday to visit with relatives in the area. Read more
· News & Features
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more