- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Montreal & Quebec City 2014
Auberge du Vieux-Port
At a Glance
- warm staff
- expansive rooftop deck with retractable cover
- multijet showers
- occasional bouts of noise in street-facing rooms
- smallest rooms can feel claustrophobic
- glass showers afford no privacy
Check Rates from our Partners
Auberge du Vieux-Port Review
With stone and brick walls, casement windows, wood floors, and exposed beams, this elegant auberge is a magnet for romantics who appreciate the view of the river and a welcoming staff. The recently remodeled rooftop deck and expanded street terrace along rue St-Paul both help this hotel stand apart. Taverne Gaspar A full breakfast is served to guests in the hotel restaurant, Taverne Gaspar, which overlooks the river on the first floor. In the evening locals come for the comfort food (try the mac and cheese) and the people watching.
- Address: 97 rue de la Commune Est, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC H2Y 1J1 | Map It
- Phone: 514/876–0081; 888/660–7678
- Website: www.aubergeduvieuxport.com
- Metro Place-d'Armes or Champ-de-Mars.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 45 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
On September 24, my husband and I drove from New York to Montreal for a ten day trip to Montreal and Quebec City. Read more
Just returned yesterday from a great two-day visit to Montréal. Read more
We are planning to take a 14 day vacation to Quebec in the beginning of July. Read more
· News & Features
Winter in Montréal can be brutal—and beautiful. ... Read more
Summer is the best time to explore Canada's expanses by car—the snow is gone, wildflowers are i... Read more
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more