- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- all-inclusive swimming, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, and birding on a private lake in a gorgeous setting
- excellent restaurant
- limited menu
- pricey considering rusticity of cabins
- only half the rooms have water views
Check Rates from our Partners
Arowhon Pines Review
The stuff of local legend, Arowhon is a family-run wilderness retreat deep in Algonquin Provincial Park known for unpretentious rustic "luxury" and superb dining. One-to-12-bedroom log cabins are decorated with antique pine furnishings. Every room has a private bath—walk-in tubs in some for older clientele—and there is a fireplace in every cabin to cozy up in front of, but living room space is shared amongst other lodgers unless you book a private cabin. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner at scheduled times are included with room rate, as are access to sports equipment and access to Algonquin Park facilities.
- Address: Algonquin Park, near west entrance, 8 km north of Hwy. 60, Algonquin Provincial Park, ON | Map It
- Phone: 705/633-5661; 866/633-5661 toll-free year-round
- Website: www.arowhonpines.ca
- Location: Algonquin Provincial Park
- 50 rooms in 13 cabins.
- Rate includes all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.--late May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $227* & up -- Canada Sale Fares from Baltimore (One Way) Air Canada
- $155 -- Chic Toronto Hotel through June, Save 30% Novotel Toronto Centre
- $99 -- Ottawa Hotel This Summer incl. Breakfast, 40% Off Quality Hotel Downtown Ottawa
- $649 & up -- 7-Night New England Cruise on Holland America American Express Travel
- CA$169-$179 -- 4-Diamond Toronto Hotel near Eaton Centre — $169-$179 Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
At almost 1pm, with a blast of its horn my cruise ship pulls away from the dock and we are on the way for one of the shortest cruises I have ever taken. Read more
From Montreal to Vancouver B.C and many other places I have visited in Canada over the years, I have always enjoyed my time in this beautiful country except for a few winter days in Edmonton or having to Read more
We're driving west to Sault Ste Marie and taking the northern route this year, which we haven't done in many many years.
Looking for suggestions for a place to break the trip-an interesting town, hotel, Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more