- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- all-inclusive swimming, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, and birding on a private lake in a gorgeous setting
- excellent restaurant
- limited cell phone service
- pricey considering rusticity of cabins
- only half the rooms have water views
Check Rates from our Partners
Arowhon Pines Review
The stuff of local legend, Arowhon is a family-run wilderness retreat deep in Algonquin Provincial Park known for unpretentious rustic "luxury" and superb dining. One-to-12-bedroom log cabins are decorated with antique pine furnishings. Every room has a private bath—walk-in tubs in some for older clientele—and there is a fireplace in every cabin to cozy up in front of, but living room space is shared amongst other lodgers unless you book a private cabin. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner at scheduled times are included with room rate, as are access to sports equipment and access to Algonquin Park facilities.
- Address: Algonquin Park, near west entrance, 8 km north of Hwy. 60, Algonquin Provincial Park, ON | Map It
- Phone: 705/633–5661; 866/633–5661 toll-free year-round
- Website: www.arowhonpines.ca
- Location: Algonquin Provincial Park
- 50 rooms in 13 cabins.
- Rate includes all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.–late May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Hi, first time on these forums.
Myself and a friend (maybe 2) are starting to plan a trip to Canada sometime between the start of July and the end of September for 2-3weeks from the UK. At the moment a Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more