- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- all-inclusive swimming, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, and birding on a private lake in a gorgeous setting
- excellent restaurant
- limited cell phone service
- pricey considering rusticity of cabins
- only half the rooms have water views
Check Rates from our Partners
Arowhon Pines Review
The stuff of local legend, Arowhon is a family-run wilderness retreat deep in Algonquin Provincial Park known for unpretentious rustic "luxury" and superb dining. One-to-12-bedroom log cabins are decorated with antique pine furnishings. Every room has a private bath—walk-in tubs in some for older clientele—and there is a fireplace in every cabin to cozy up in front of, but living room space is shared amongst other lodgers unless you book a private cabin. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner at scheduled times are included with room rate, as are access to sports equipment and access to Algonquin Park facilities.
- Address: Algonquin Park, near west entrance, 8 km north of Hwy. 60, Algonquin Provincial Park, ON | Map It
- Phone: 705/633–5661; 866/633–5661 toll-free year-round
- Website: www.arowhonpines.ca
- Location: Algonquin Provincial Park
- 50 rooms in 13 cabins.
- Rate includes all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.–late May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just a short (I hope) trip report of my recent trip to Northern Ontario.
The primary purpose of this trip was to do the Agawa Canyon Train Tour.
The Agawa Canyon is a scenic area north of Sault Ste. Marie Read more
My husband and I are planning to take a trip in the fall from Nova Scotia to Niagara Falls, Ontario by way of USA. Read more
Any first hand adivce/opinions on which carrier to use for a flight from Toronto to Barbados. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more