Newfoundland and Labrador Sights

Advertisement

Guidebooks

Colonial Building

Colonial Building Review

This columned building erected between 1847 and 1850 was the seat of the Newfoundland government from the 1850s until 1960, when the legislature moved to its current home, the Confederation Building, in the north end of the city. The limestone for the building was imported from Cork, Ireland. It is closed for renovations until 2015.

    Contact Information

  • Address: Military and Bannerman Rds., St. John's, NL A1C 5M2
  • Location: St. John's
Updated: 11-15-2013

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property

Advertisement

View more trip reports

View more travel discussions

· News & Features

View more blog stories