New Brunswick Sights

Advertisement

Guidebooks

Loyalist Burial Ground

Loyalist Burial Ground Review

Established soon after the United Empire Loyalists arrived in 1783, the cemetery closed in 1848 and was sadly neglected until 1995, when the Irving family restored it as a gift to the people of Saint John. Now, brick and granite walkways lead from the memorial gates through the restored gravestones and crypts amid shady trees and flowers. A highlight of the grounds is a magnificent beaver-pond fountain created to depict the hard work and tenacious spirit of the city's founders and those who followed them.

    Contact Information

  • Address: Sydney St., between King and E. Union Sts. Saint John, NB
  • Cost: Free
  • Hours: Daily 24 hrs
  • Location: Saint John
Updated: 08-15-2013

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property

Advertisement

View more trip reports

View more travel discussions

· News & Features

View more blog stories