- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Canada Place. At Canada Place you can see what it feels like to step into a real birch-bark canoe or participate in fun games and programs designed to teach you more about Canada. It's free and there are many hands-on activities.
Athabasca Glacier. This glacier is the most accessible one in the park, and a short walk leads you right to its toe. You can explore the free displays at the Icefield Centre and even take an Ice Explorer vehicle onto the ice. (Note: Do not venture onto the ice without a trained guide! It can be deadly.)
Canoe adventure. Rent a canoe at Lake Minnewanka, Moraine Lake, or Lake Louise and learn to paddle like early explorers once did.
Enjoy the view. You can't beat the views from the Banff Gondola during the steep eight-minute ride to the 7,500-foot summit of Sulphur Mountain. From the main deck you can hike the short distance to the summit of Sanson Peak and perhaps catch sight of grazing bighorn sheep.
Adrenaline rush. Try white-water rafting in summer or dogsledding and skiing in winter. The local ski hills have excellent children's programs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's