Restrooms in Panama use Western-style toilets. Cleanliness standards vary widely, especially in public facilities such as bus and gas stations. Toilet paper isn't guaranteed, so carry tissues in your day pack. Antibacterial hand wipes—for sanitizing you or the facilities—are also useful.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's