The Panamanian Tourism Authority, ATP, is Panama's official tourism organization. Its website (www.visitpanama.com) is an excellent pretrip planning resource with overviews of Panama's regions and points of interest.
ATP has 17 offices around Panama, open weekdays 8–3:30. The English-speaking staff at ATP offices are friendly and helpful. Their resources—mostly brochures—tend to plug local tour companies rather than aid independent exploration.
Other resources include The Visitor, a small, free paper that can be found at most hotels and travel agencies, and Panama Planner an excellent tourism magazine, available at large hotels.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe