- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's In Focus Panama
Gamboa Rainforest Resort
At a Glance
- amazing views
- abundant wildlife
- ample facilities and diversions
- friendly staff
- food can be disappointing
- Wi-Fi access is expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
Gamboa Rainforest Resort Review
Panoramic views of the Chagres River and surrounding rainforest, abundant wildlife, a selection of outdoor excursions, and amenities such as a spa and massive pool make this hotel a great place to experience the rainforest without sacrificing comfort. The lobby is impressive, with giant windows to admire the jungle panorama through, life-size crane sculptures hanging overhead, and a stream cascading through a three-story tropical atrium. The bright guest rooms have wicker furniture, hammocks, a colorful, tropical decor, and balconies. Junior suites, with two additional queen beds in a loft, are an option for families. Garden views are disappointing—stick with rooms with numbers in the 300s or 400s. The historic "villas" cost less, and are quieter, but suffer mildew problems. Activities include bird-watching, an aerial tram, a boat trip to Monkey Island, kayaking, and fishing.
- Address: Av. Omar Torrijos, 32 km (19 mi) northwest of Panama City Gamboa, 7338 | Map It
- Phone: 507/314–5000; 507/206–8888 in Panama City; 877/800–1690 in the U.S.
- Website: www.gamboaresort.com
- Location: Gamboa
- 160 rooms, 4 suites, 34 villas.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Recently I wrote up a trip report:
Here are the pictures that go along with that report (i Read more
In early February of this year we spent 9 nights in Panama (4 in Gamboa on the canal, 4 in the western (Chiriqui) highlands, and 1 last night on Ancon Hill in Panama city). Read more
We plan on spending a week here (on the ground) and would like to do Panama City and one other destination where we can hike, horseback ride, kayak and/or white water raft, etc. Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more