- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Gamboa Rainforest Resort
At a Glance
- amazing views
- abundant wildlife
- ample facilities and diversions
- friendly staff
- food can be disappointing
- Wi-Fi access is expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
Gamboa Rainforest Resort Review
Panoramic views of the Chagres River and surrounding rainforest, abundant wildlife, a selection of outdoor excursions, and amenities such as a spa and massive pool make this hotel a great place to experience the rainforest without sacrificing comfort. The lobby is impressive, with giant windows to admire the jungle panorama through, life-size crane sculptures hanging overhead, and a stream cascading through a three-story tropical atrium. The bright guest rooms have wicker furniture, hammocks, a colorful, tropical decor, and balconies. Junior suites, with two additional queen beds in a loft, are an option for families. Garden views are disappointing—stick with rooms with numbers in the 300s or 400s. The historic "villas" cost less, and are quieter, but suffer mildew problems. Activities include bird-watching, an aerial tram, a boat trip to Monkey Island, kayaking, and fishing.
- Address: Av. Omar Torrijos, 32 km (19 mi) northwest of Panama City Gamboa, 7338 | Map It
- Phone: 507/314–5000; 507/206–8888 in Panama City; 877/800–1690 in the U.S.
- Website: www.gamboaresort.com
- Location: Gamboa
- 160 rooms, 4 suites, 34 villas.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here is the 4 minute video of my trip:
Airfare costs $450 (Flew 1 way into Panama, and 1 way out of Honduras) through Spirit Airlines. Not great but does the Read more
Our group of 6 adults just returned from our first trip with 8 days in Panama. Read more
Thank you to everyone who provided advice on traveling to Panama.
Recently finished posting my travelogue at:
Page 1: Panama Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more