- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The provincial capital of David sits centrally located in the lowlands and is no more than two hours from most of Chiriquí's attractions. The Carretera Interamericana skirts David's northern edge, as a four-lane highway. It becomes a two-lane road east of town, where it leads to the town of Chiriquí and to the turnoff for Boca Chica, the gateway to Parque Nacional Marino Golfo de Chiriquí. A 30-minute drive southwest of David takes you to Playa Barqueta; a 40-minute drive north takes you to Boquete. Concepción is a short drive west of David on the Interamericana, and there the road veers north to Volcán, Bambito, and Cerro Punta, bases from which to explore the Barú Volcano. The Costa Rican border at Paso Canoas lies about 20 minutes west on the Interamericana.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's