- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- volcano view from some rooms
- nice decor
- ample grounds
- lovely lounge and porch
- most standard rooms lack views
- fairly expensive
Los Establos Review
This small, Spanish-style inn with a stirring view of Volcán Barú started out as a horse stable, hence its name, and each room is named after a horse. Standard rooms are nicely decorated in Spanish villa style with terra-cotta tile flooring and gold satin bedding. They have high, canopy-draped ceilings, wrought-iron lamps, rattan and wooden furniture, and small terraces overlooking the coffee bushes. Double-size suites on the second floor have great views but are much more expensive. The working coffee farm includes four charming new cottages, built in the style of old area coffee houses. Rates include beer and wine in the evening.
- Address: 2 km (1 mi) northeast of town, right at first Y north of town, left after bridge, then first right, Jaramillo Arriba, Boquete | Map It
- Phone: 507/720–2685; 888/481–0656 in U.S.
- Website: www.losestablos.net
- Location: Boquete
- 5 rooms, 2 suites, 4 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here is the 4 minute video of my trip:
Airfare costs $450 (Flew 1 way into Panama, and 1 way out of Honduras) through Spirit Airlines. Not great but does the Read more
Our group of 6 adults just returned from our first trip with 8 days in Panama. Read more
So being the adventurous type and only having 15 days to explore, I have come up with the idea that is a little out there. Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
Ace Hotels are bringing their signature brand of hip, clubhouse-style hotels even further afield this... Read more
Want to know a cruising secret?... Read more