- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
The Islas Secas and Islas Ladrones are surrounded by more than 50 excellent dive sites, with visibility averaging 70 feet and healthy coral formations surrounded by hundreds of fish species and comparable invertebrate diversity. You might see various species of sea stars and angelfish, elegant Moorish idols, frog fish, and sea turtles.
The Islas Secas Resort lies in the middle of the archipelago's coral gardens, and daily scuba dives and snorkeling are included in the rates. Those islands can also be visited on day trips from the Morro Negrito Surf Camp or the Boca Chica/Boca Brava lodges.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's