- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Chicanná Ecovillage Resort
At a Glance
- convenient to several ruins in the Río Bec region
- spacious rooms
- pleasant balconies
- eco-friendly design
- restaurant food is just OK
- unhelpful staff
- Wi-Fi in reception area only
- no a/c
Check Rates from our Partners
Chicanná Ecovillage Resort Review
Rooms in this jungle lodge are in two-story stucco duplexes with thatched roofs and are surrounded by lush gardens and tropical plants. Each ample unit has tile floors, an overhead fan, screened windows, a wide porch or balcony, and one king or two double beds. There's a library with a television, a swimming pool, and a lookout tower for birdwatching. The proximity to several ruins makes it a great base for exploring, and the restaurant can prepare a picnic lunch so you can save time on the road.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
I am a 25 year old female hoping to travel this coming August....I am from Canada and am desperate to go to a country that will be hot with nice beaches, but also interesting culturally!
Any advice much Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more