- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
Maria Gallo Review
By day it offers nifty comida corrida: set-priced, three-course menus that change daily. For about five bucks you get a pitcher of freshly made aqua fresca, a starter (usually soup or salad), and a choice of half a dozen main courses. Chef-owner Memo Wulff studied at San Francisco's California Culinary Institute, and although his dishes are Mexican, they are not quite business as usual. Recent dishes included calamari in a spicy red sauce (al diablo, which means "to the devil"), char-grilled carne asada, and pork shank burritos, most served with rice, a puddle of refried black beans, and your choice of rolls or tortillas. After 7 pm the menu switches to antojitos: tacos, tostadas, flautas, and other snacking dishes. The ambience is casual, the music is lively and Latino, and the walls are decorated with handmade art projects.
- Address: Calle Morelos 558, Centro, Puerto Vallarta, 48300
- Phone: 322/223–1193
- Location: Centro and Environs
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more