- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Maria Gallo Review
By day it offers nifty comida corrida: set-priced, three-course menus that change daily. For about five bucks you get a pitcher of freshly made aqua fresca, a starter (usually soup or salad), and a choice of half a dozen main courses. Chef-owner Memo Wulff studied at San Francisco's California Culinary Institute, and although his dishes are Mexican, they are not quite business as usual. Recent dishes included calamari in a spicy red sauce (al diablo, which means "to the devil"), char-grilled carne asada, and pork shank burritos, most served with rice, a puddle of refried black beans, and your choice of rolls or tortillas. After 7 pm the menu switches to antojitos: tacos, tostadas, flautas, and other snacking dishes. The ambience is casual, the music is lively and Latino, and the walls are decorated with handmade art projects.
- Address: Calle Morelos 558, Centro, Puerto Vallarta, 48300
- Phone: 322/223-1193
- Location: Centro and Environs
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $91-$97 -- Suite at 4-Diamond Cabo Family Resort, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $60-$96 -- Cancun All-Inclusive Water Park Resort, 60% Off BookIt.com
- $689 & up -- Mexico Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $4.39 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
- $84 -- Puerto Vallarta Adults-Only All-Incl. Resort, 50% Off — $84 Bookit.com
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Heading to Cancun to stay in a Time Share. Read more
· News & Features
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more
For a walking vacation, stay in Old Vallarta or Marina Vallarta.... Read more