- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Tamarindo Beach & Golf Resort
At a Glance
- concierge service
- individual plunge pools
- CD and DVD players in each room
- yoga and Pilates classes (in high season)
- 10% service fee on top of 18% sales and hotel taxes
- prohibitively expensive for most people
- no Wi-Fi in rooms
- only one shared computer for checking e-mails
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
El Tamarindo Beach & Golf Resort Review
More than 2,000 acres of ecological reserve and jungle surround this magical resort along 16 km (10 mi) of private coast. The architecture fuses Mediterranean-style elements with local building materials; world-renowned Ricardo Legorreta was one of the architects. Many villas have an outdoor living room. All have dark-wood floors; king-size beds; wet bars; ample bathrooms; and patios with plunge pools, hammocks, and chaise longues. Sofas are upholstered in rich textured fabrics. At night the staff lights hundreds of candles around the villas to create a truly enchanting setting. The golf course is excellent.
- Address: Carretera Melaque–Puerto Vallarta (Carretera 200), Km 7.5, Cihuatlán, Jalisco 48970 | Map It
- Phone: 315/351–5031; 01800/823–3037 toll-free in Mexico; 866/717–4316 from U.S. or Canada
- Website: www.eltamarindoresort.com
- Location: La Manzanilla and Points North
- 29 villas, 3 4-bedroom houses.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
hola mi amigos- Just returned from 10 glorious days in my beloved Puerto Vallarta, so here is my new thread for this most recent trip.
The weather was HOT, from 82-87 degree range but hit 95 at couple Read more
Hello (or should I say Hola). Read more
· News & Features
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more