- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
El Tamarindo Beach & Golf Resort
At a Glance
- concierge service
- individual plunge pools
- CD and DVD players in each room
- yoga and Pilates classes (in high season)
- 10% service fee on top of 18% sales and hotel taxes
- prohibitively expensive for most people
- no Wi-Fi in rooms
- only one shared computer for checking e-mails
Check Rates from our Partners
El Tamarindo Beach & Golf Resort Review
More than 2,000 acres of ecological reserve and jungle surround this magical resort along 16 km (10 mi) of private coast. The architecture fuses Mediterranean-style elements with local building materials; world-renowned Ricardo Legorreta was one of the architects. Many villas have an outdoor living room. All have dark-wood floors; king-size beds; wet bars; ample bathrooms; and patios with plunge pools, hammocks, and chaise longues. Sofas are upholstered in rich textured fabrics. At night the staff lights hundreds of candles around the villas to create a truly enchanting setting. The golf course is excellent.
- Address: Carretera Melaque–Puerto Vallarta (Carretera 200), Km 7.5, Cihuatlán, Jalisco 48970 | Map It
- Phone: 315/351–5031; 01800/823–3037 toll-free in Mexico; 866/717–4316 from U.S. or Canada
- Website: www.eltamarindoresort.com
- Location: La Manzanilla and Points North
- 29 villas, 3 4-bedroom houses.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more