- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The most common catches off Puerto Escondido are swordfish, marlin, tuna, and dorado. Fiestas de Noviembre, when anglers compete for prizes, is held the entire month of November. Prices for fishing tours run around $35 to $40 an hour, with a minimum of three hours (four people maximum). Many local fishermen expect to keep your catch as partial payment for their services, so discuss this with the captain ahead of time.
Omar's Sportfishing will take you out on a four-hour tour of the best fishing spots for about $160 for up to four people. They also have dolphin-watching tours that last about two to three hours and cost $35 per person. Playa Puerto Angelito, Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, 71980. 954/559-4406.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $67-$81 -- Puerto Vallarta-Area All-Inclusive, up to 50% Off Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta