This big, airy Zapatista-affiliated café is in an interior patio. It's a great place to linger over a cup of coffee or enjoy the simple prix-fixe meal (there are plenty of vegetarian options) that includes juice, soup, a main plate, and rice. You can even check your e-mail while you're there. The restaurant is surrounded by small boutiques, including Nail Ch'en, where you can buy neat handmade blouses, and Mono de Papel, where you can find books and magazines (with some titles in English), including several titles on the Zapatista movement. You can also buy a T-shirt with the image of Subcomandante Marcos.
- Address: Calle Real de Guadalupe 24, Centro, San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, 29200
- Phone: 967/674–6766
- Location: San Cristóbal de las Casas
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just want to share how my 75years old slow walker aunt could enjoy the amazing barcelo resort and shopping along the world famous 5th ave... Read more
Puerto Morelos, MX May, 2014 Mexico is one of our most favorite places to vacation. We have been multiple times since 2000 and deci... Read more
Hi all! My name is Matt and I am the author at A Different Hunger - a website focusing on fitness, travel, positive psychology and mo... Read more