- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mayan Beach Garden
At a Glance
- optional all-inclusive plan available
- very good restaurant
- use of bikes and snorkels
- minimum three-night stay during high season
- bumpy dirt road means 30-minute drive to town
- only two rooms have a/c
Check Rates from our Partners
Mayan Beach Garden Review
Nineteen kilometers (12 miles) north of Mahahual, this solar-powered beachside B&B offers blessed isolation, with not another hotel for miles. Beachfront cabanas have full kitchens, king beds, and private decks with a hammock and lounge chairs. Inspired by the ancient ruin Yaxchilán, upstairs beachview rooms have Mayan artwork and unique touches like hand-painted sinks and wood-framed mirrors in the large bathrooms—as well as king beds and sleeper sofas. In-room massages, cooking classes, diving tours, and fishing trips can be arranged upon request. Three nights lodging gets you a free cooking class and a week-long stay gets you one night free.
- Address: N. Carretera Costera Majahual–Punta Herrera, Km 20.5, 19 km north of Mahahual town Mahahual, Quintana Roo 77940
- Phone: 983/130-8568; 206/905–9665 in US
- Website: www.mayanbeachgarden.com
- Location: Majahual
- 2 cabanas, 5 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast, all-inclusive.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
hola mi amigos- Just returned from 10 glorious days in my beloved Puerto Vallarta, so here is my new thread for this most recent trip.
The weather was HOT, from 82-87 degree range but hit 95 at couple Read more
Hi...is there a less known airport (than Cancun) if we want to visit mexican pyramids? Flying into Cancun seems so expensive for the christmas break (Yes, unfortunately, we were unable to plan a vacatio Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more