Mayan Beach Garden
At a Glance
- optional all-inclusive plan available
- very good restaurant
- use of bikes and snorkels
- minimum three-night stay during high season
- bumpy dirt road means 30-minute drive to town
- only two rooms have a/c
Mayan Beach Garden Review
Nineteen kilometers (12 miles) north of Mahahual, this solar-powered beachside B&B offers blessed isolation, with not another hotel for miles. Beachfront cabanas have full kitchens, king beds, and private decks with a hammock and lounge chairs. Inspired by the ancient ruin Yaxchilán, upstairs beachview rooms have Mayan artwork and unique touches like hand-painted sinks and wood-framed mirrors in the large bathrooms—as well as king beds and sleeper sofas. In-room massages, cooking classes, diving tours, and fishing trips can be arranged upon request. Three nights lodging gets you a free cooking class and a week-long stay gets you one night free.
- Address: N. Carretera Costera Majahual–Punta Herrera, Km 20.5, 19 km north of Mahahual town, Mahahual, Quintana Roo, 77940
- Phone: 983/130-8568; 206/905–9665
- Website: www.mayanbeachgarden.com
- Location: Majahual
- 2 cabanas, 5 rooms, 1 suite
- Rate includes breakfast, all-inclusive.