- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Cancun and the Riviera Maya 2014
El Oasis Review
This appropriately named eatery offers a welcome escape from El Centro's busy streets. A small wooden bridge leads the way into a palapa, which is colorfully decorated with turquoise chairs, mosaic flooring, seashell lamps, and a bamboo bar. Diners can relax to the sounds of a cascading waterfall, skirted by palm trees and tropical plants. House specials include grilled seafood with rice; fish fillet with coconut cream or smaller dishes like ceviche and aguachiles (spicy lime shrimp). Many of the seafood dishes can be prepared with your choice of mango, tamarind, or guava salsa. This spot is popular with the locals; menus are in Spanish, and the staff doesn't speak much English.
- Address: Prol. Yaxchilan, Sm 17, Mza 2, Lote 3 El Centro, Cancún, Quintana Roo 77500
- Phone: 998/884–4106
- Location: El Centro
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
We are planning a trip to PdC for the end of May and looking to rent a condo at Corto Maltes. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more