Nightlife & the Arts in Cancún
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
We're not here to judge: we know that most people come to Cancún to party. If you want fine dining and dancing under the stars, you'll definitely find it here. But if your tastes run more toward bikini contests, all-night chug-a-thons, or cross-dressing Cher impersonators, rest assured: Cancún has plenty of those, too.
If you want to avoid rowdy Spring Breakers, stay clear of "open-bar" establishments and chain restaurants like Margaritaville, Señor Frogs, and Planet Hollywood. You're likely to find them packed with party animals on the loose.
Cancún wouldn't be Cancún without glittering discos, which generally start jumping around 10:30 pm (though some open at around 9) and often carry on until 6 am. As the hours roll on, clothes peel off and frenzied dancing seems to quake the building and the floor beneath. Most clubs offer open bar tickets ($35–$50) that cover admission and unlimited drinks until 3 am. This is the way to go if you plan on having more than a couple of drinks. If you stay past 3, however, you'll have to pay by the drink. You can also pay a lower cover charge of $10–$20 and buy drinks separately. Typical prices range from $3 for a shot to $8 for a cocktail. Although every spot seems to be pumping by midnight, especially during March and April, the most popular clubs include Coco Bongo, Dady'O, The City, and Sweet Club.
Browse Cancún Nightlife
Browse Cancún Nightlife By Location
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe