Banks and ATMs are scarce in this region. (They're nonexistent on Isla del Tigre.) Replenish your wallet in Tegucigalpa or as you pass through Choluteca. Danlí also has a bank and an ATM. Yuscarán has a bank without an ATM. Businesses here tend toward the small, mom-and-pop side. Many do not accept credit cards and are not equipped to handle dollars.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's