- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The ever-present Meykos chain has reputable pharmacies all over the city. Zuiva is another national chain, with some locations open 24 hours. Both Centro Médico and Hospital Herrera Llerandi have English-speaking staff and are accustomed to dealing with foreigners. The Red Cross (Cruz Roja in Spanish) serves as an ambulance and rescue service.
Cruz Roja. 125.
Centro Médico. 6 Av. 3-47, Zona 10, Guatemala City, 01010. 2279-4949.
Hospital Herrera Llerandi. 6 Av. 8-71, Zona 10, Guatemala City, 01010. 2384-5959. www.herrerallerandi.com.
Meykos. 18 Calle 25-76, Zona 10, Guatemala City, 01010. 2363-5903. 6 Av. 5-01, Zona 9, 01009. 2385-1504.
Zuiva. Calzada San Juan 29- 93, Zona 7, Guatemala City, 01007. 2433-2963.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Look no Further! Guatemala City Hotels Fr $68+/Nt Travelocity
- May deal: Clarion Suites Guatemala City Fr $106+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Guatemala City for Less: Hotels Fr $115+/Nt — $115 Travelocity
- Guatemala City Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $116+/Nt — $116 Expedia
- Guatemala City Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $287+/Nt — $287 Expedia