- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Aeropuerto Internacional Daniel Oduber Quirós (LIR) in Liberia is an international gateway to the coast and recent expansion has almost doubled its size and comfort, with a new air-conditioned terminal. Tamarindo, Nosara, Playa Sámara, Playa Carrillo, and Punta Islita also have airstrips. Flying in from San José to these airports is the best way to get here if you are already in the country. If your primary destination lies in Guanacaste or Nicoya, make sure you or your travel agent investigates the possibility of flying directly into Liberia instead of San José, which saves some serious hours on the road.
SANSA and Nature Air have scheduled flights between San José and destinations on the Nicoya Peninsula.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's