- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Dolce Vita
La Dolce Vita Review
In a slightly Fellini-esque setting, upstairs over Wallen's Store, La Dolce Vita brings authentic antipasti, bruschetta, and pasta dishes to Placencia. The spaghetti carbonara, with the owner's own home-smoked bacon, is amazing. Try the signature penne dolce vita, with a shrimp and zucchini sauce or the linguini with calamari, octopus, squid, and shrimp. Most dishes are in large portions. The Rome-born chef-owner, Simone DeAngelis, imports Italian pastas, olive oils, and wines to make sure everything is top quality. With opera music playing softly in the background, it's like being in a small, family-run restaurant in Italy.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
Hello, I follow some of the posts but have never posted anything regarding a getaway. Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more