- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Dolce Vita
La Dolce Vita Review
In a slightly Fellini-esque setting, upstairs over Wallen's Store, La Dolce Vita brings authentic antipasti, bruschetta, and pasta dishes to Placencia. The spaghetti carbonara, with the owner's own home-smoked bacon, is amazing. Try the signature penne dolce vita, with a shrimp and zucchini sauce or the linguini with calamari, octopus, squid, and shrimp. Most dishes are in large portions. The Rome-born chef-owner, Simone DeAngelis, imports Italian pastas, olive oils, and wines to make sure everything is top quality. With opera music playing softly in the background, it's like being in a small, family-run restaurant in Italy.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi, all -
My husband Mike and I just returned from our 4th wonderful visit to Belize. Read more
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
Driving in July2014 to Belize, with our granddaughter, dog and slide on Camper. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
Considering a trip to Belize? Here are four of our favorite experiences for a memorable “su... Read more
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring... Read more