- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Living Maya Experience
Living Maya Experience Review
Learn about Kek'chi crafts, culture, and cuisine in an hands-on private experience in the homes of participating villages in Big Falls. You could be involved in anything from building a traditional thatch house to making corn tortillas. Call in advance for what's available, times, and charges, or ask at your hotel or the BTIA Visitor Information Centre in Punta Gorda to help arrange the Living Maya trip. Any non-express James Line bus will drop you off and pick you up at at Big Falls village (watch for Las Faldes restaurant on the Southern Highway) near the Living Maya Experience homes. Costs vary depending on which learning experiences you choose and the length of them, but most are under BZ$40.
- Address: Southern Hwy., Big Falls
- Phone: 627/7408 Anita Cal; 632/4585 Marta Chiac
- Location: The Deep South
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I've just returned from a fantastic 10 day adventure to Belize and wanted to share my trip report since reading so many of these before I went was so helpful.
i put off for too long shopping for a new Read more
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
For anyone who has been to both Chan Chich and Bosque del Cabo, how did you think the two compared? Read more
· News & Features
Travelers to Belize will find a fairy-tale landscape of white-sand beaches, lush rain forests, and soaring ... Read more
Do you dream about going snout-to-snout with a bear, or at least observing a bear from a safe and responsible... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more